Make a Crochet Garden includes 9 fantastic patterns for succulents, cacti and flowers.
Title: Make a Crochet Garden
Author: Amy Gaines
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., 2017
Photographer: Jason Masters
Everywhere I go this summer I see cacti themed items for the home. When I saw Make a Crochet Garden was available from Leisure Arts I wanted a copy for myself. What’s better than cacti themed accessories? Why crocheted cacti themed accessories I can make myself of course!
In Amy Gaines book Make a Crochet Garden you get patterns for 9 cacti, succulent and flower projects. You can pick and choose which items you make or crochet them all to add to your home.
The patterns included in Make a Crochet Garden are:
- Coaster Set. Easy. Medium Weight Yarn. 4 mm (G) hook. Size: 4 inches diameter (coaster), 2 inches tall and 4.75 inches wide (planter)
- Dish Scrubber. Easy. Medium Weight Yarn. 4 mm (G) hook. Size: 4 inches diameter
- Hanging Garden. Easy. Medium Weight Yarn. 4 mm (G) hook. Size: 6 inches tall
- Pencil Cup Holder. Easy. Medium Weight Yarn. 4 mm (G) hook and 5 mm (H) hook. Size: 4 inches diameter and 4.75 inches tall
- Potholder. Easy. Medium Weight Yarn. 4 mm (G) hook. Size: 6.5 inches wide by 8.5 inches long
- Prickly Pear. Easy. Medium Weight Yarn. 4 mm (G) hook. Size: 10.5 inches tall
- Saguaro Cactus. Easy. Medium Weight Yarn. 4 mm (G) hook. Size: 10.25 inches tall
- Spiral Succulent. Easy. Medium Weight Yarn. 4 mm (G) hook. Size: 3 inches tall
- Table Runner. Easy. Medium Weight Yarn. 4 mm (G) hook and 9 mm (M/N) hook. Size: 11.25 inches wide by 66 inches long.
Here are my favorite projects:
You can see images of the other designs here: Make a Crochet Garden at Leisure Arts
Each pattern is provided in written format using US Crochet Terms. Stitch counts are provided for each row and round, headings are in bold font and the instructions are spaced out nicely so they are easy-to-follow and it is easy to keep your place. The book is 48 pages in total and available in eBook format and as a paperback.
I totally love that you receive this wide-range of patterns for a very low price point. You get them all in the paperback copy for only $5.99* (*price is subject to change). The eBook version is currently available for only $4.99* (*price is subject to change).
General instructions are included with diagrams beginning on page 43. Along with abbreviations, symbols and terms you receive written instructions with diagrams for the following terms:
- Joining with a sc
- Adjustable loop
- Back or front loops
- Free loops of a chain
- Straight Stitch
There are also helpful instructions and diagrams within the patterns themselves for techniques used only in a specific pattern. For example, the technique used to create the fringe for the table runner is included in the Table Runner section only and the Pom Pom instructions (and diagrams) are included in the Pencil Holder section only.
The yarns used to create the sample projects are included too. You can substitute yarns if you want, as gauge information has been provided in each pattern but if you want to use the same yarns and colors as Amy used in the samples, they are included on page 47 and 48.
The yarns used were:
- COASTER SET Lily® Sugar ’n Cream®
- DISH SCRUBBER Lily® Sugar ’n Cream®
- HANGING GARDEN Lion Brand® Vanna’s Choice®
- PENCIL CUP HOLDER Red Heart® Super Saver®
- POTHOLDER Lily® Sugar ’n Cream®
- PRICKLY PEAR Lion Brand® Vanna’s Choice®
- SAGUARO CACTUS Lion Brand® Vanna’s Choice®
- SPIRAL SUCCULENT Lion Brand® Vanna’s Choice®
- TABLE RUNNER Lion Brand® Vanna’s Choice®
This is a fantastic pattern book for Cacti and Succulent crochet designs. You receive patterns for both practical projects (which I love, like the scrubber and potholder) and decorative projects (like the Hanging Garden pattern and Saguaro Cactus pattern) that you can crochet and then display in your home. The price point for this 48 page book makes it a very tempting pattern book to add to your crochet library. Many of the items you can crochet and give as gifts as the Cacti and Succulent theme is super popular throughout the year.
Would you like to win a eBook copy of Make a Crochet Garden?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law. Void in Quebec.
Start Date: August 7, 2018; 11:59 pm ET
End Date: August 15, 2018, 12:00 am ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here:
If you cannot see the Rafflecopter Giveaway Widget below, please click >HERE<
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of Make a Crochet Garden, you can get it directly from Leisure Arts:
Make A Crochet Garden
from: Leisure Arts, Inc.
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Make a Crochet Garden and for the giveaway copy for my readers!