Choose from these 6 Modern Southwest Afghans you can crochet! With bold geometric lines, ripples and stripes these southwest afghans are sure to add a dramatic and eye-catching element to your home decor.
Title: Modern Southwest Afghans
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., March 2018.
Photographer: Jason Masters
Modern Southwest Afghans includes 6 great crochet afghan designs. These patterns were created by Designers Anne Halliday, Sandy Rideout, Kathryn Clark, Irma Park and Eleanor Albano-Miles.
I love the bold geometric lines that dominate the designs. My two favorite designs are Bold Stripes and Indian Corn.
Patterns included in this book are:
- Autumn. Easy. Medium Weight Yarn , 6 mm (J) hook. 47.5 inches by 54 inches.
- Indian Corn. Intermediate. Bulky Weight Yarn , 6 mm (J) hook. 49.5 inches by 62.75 inches.
- Bold Stripes. Easy. Medium Weight Yarn , 5 mm (H) hook. 49 inches by 65 inches.
- Canyon Ripple. Easy. Medium Weight Yarn , 6 mm (J) hook. 36 inches by 48 inches.
- Gold Strike. Easy. Medium Weight Yarn , 6 mm (J) hook. 48 inches by 61 inches.
- Endless River. Easy. Medium Weight Yarn , 5 mm (G) hook. 48.5 inches by 60.5 inches.
These southwest afghans are crocheted in either medium weight  or bulky weight  yarn and they range from easy to intermediate difficulty levels.
Each pattern includes all the information you need to make it. You will even find that a helpful stitch guide, stitch diagrams and placement diagrams have been provided within the pattern itself.
General instructions, including abbreviations, symbols & terms are included at the end of the publication.
The following crochet techniques and stitches have been included:
- Joining with single crochet
- Joining with half double crochet
- Joining with double crochet
- Back loop only
- Free Loops of a Chain
- Working in space before a stitch
- Working in front of, around, or behind a stitch
The yarns used to create the sample projects were:
- AUTUMN – Lion Brand® Heartland®
- INDIAN CORN – Lion’s Pride® Woolspun®
- BOLD STRIPES – Patons® Classic Wool Worsted™
- CANYON RIPPLE – Patons® Classic Wool Worsted™
- GOLD STRIKE – Patons® Canadiana™
- ENDLESS RIVER – Lion Brand® Vanna’s Choice®
You can substitute your favorite yarn for those listed above so long as you can reach the gauge specified in the written instructions.
These Modern Southwest Afghans will look stunning in your home and they will make beautiful gifts. Which of these 6 designs is your favorite?
Would you like to win a eBook copy of Modern Southwest Afghans?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Start Date: July 3, 2018; 12:00 am ET
End Date: July 10, 2018, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here:
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of Modern Southwest Afghans you can get it directly from Leisure Arts:
Modern Southwest Afghans
from: Leisure Arts, Inc.
If you can’t see the Rafflecopter widget below, please click >HERE<
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Modern Southwest Afghans and for the giveaway copy for my readers!