Find 15 Granny Square Christmas Crochet Patterns in this book! Use this traditional, heartwarming crochet stitch pattern to make gifts and decorations for your home this holiday season.
Title: Granny Square Christmas
Designer: Lisa Gentry
Available at: Annie’s Craft Store
Current Price: $ 8.99*
Help me to select a future Annie’s Craft Store Book that you would like me to Review!
Choose the Book I Review next: >HERE<
Whenever I think of the Granny Stitch, or Granny Square, I think of family traditions, comfort and home. The Granny Square Stitch can be used to create so many beautiful projects. I am pleased to see this collection of 15 designs for Christmas.
Many of the patterns included in Granny Square Christmas are beginner friendly. So grab your yarn and hook and get ready to add some handmade to your home this Christmas!
The projects included are:
- Cheerful Tree Skirt. Intermediate. 48 inches in diameter.
- Merry Stocking. Intermediate. 5.5 inches wide by 17 inches long.
- Garland. Easy. 46 inches wide by 4.75 inches long.
- Keepsake Ornaments (3 designs). Easy. Stocking: 2.5 inches wide by 4.25 inches long. Tree: 4 inches wide by 4.5 inches long. Star: 5 inches diameter.
- Photo Frame. Easy. 5.25 inches diameter.
- Family Favorite Blanket. Easy. 47 inches wide by 61.75 inches long.
- Bright & Happy Pillow. Easy. 14 inches square.
- Winter Warmer Mug Cozy. Easy. 4.5 inches wide by 13.75 inches long.
- Trivet. Easy. 7.5 inches square.
- Sweet Scarf. Intermediate. 8.5 inches wide by 78 inches long.
- Pixie Hats. Easy. 8 inches deep by 9 inches tall (girl’s hat) and 7 inches deep by 7.25 inches tall (baby size).
- Chill Chaser Wrap. Easy. 58 inches wide by 28 inches long.
- Family Mitts. Easy. Small (3.25 inches wide by 5.5 inches long), Medium (4 inches wide by 6 inches long) and Large (5 inches wide by 7 inches long).
The special stitches used, and techniques used (like whip stitches) are included in each pattern. Diagrams for techniques are also included in the pattern where needed. Stitch counts are provided at the end of the rows (and rounds) in italics. Bold font and different colors have been used throughout to make it easy to find the sections and rows. The book uses color for both the fonts and images, from cover to cover.
When the same set of instructions is used for multiple squares, like with the Family Favorite Blanket, the pattern begins by referencing which colors you will use for the rounds under the heading Color Sequence. If you turn to the page after the colors are outlined you will find the full written instructions for the Small Square and on the page following, for the Large Square. The placement diagram has also been provided to assist you with assembly.
This method has also been used for the Bright & Happy Pillow, Sweet Scarf, Cheerful Tree Skirt, Merry Stocking and Garland Patterns.
By changing the yarn colors you use, you can make many of these projects for other seasons and occasions. Simply pick your favorite colors and crochet the Bright & Happy Pillow and Family Favorite Blanket to match your living room decor. Or make the trivet in bright sunny colors for a spring kitchen accessory. Have fun with the designs and crochet them during the whole year.
The sample projects were crocheted using Medium Weight  Yarn. Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted was used in a variety of colors. You can see each of the colors listed by project beginning on page 45.
Here are some of the projects you can make:
The basic stitch guide is provided on on page 47 and you are also given the link to the online stitch guide for additional stitch help.
A Granny Square Christmas Crochet Patterns are filled with charm and warmth. Fill your home with these bright and cheerful projects and make some of the gift items for your friends and family. There really is something timeless about the granny square and with these designs, you can add a pinch of vintage in a bright and modern way to your home this holiday season.
Would you like to have your own copy of Granny Square Christmas?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Start Date: July 17, 2018; 12:00 am ET
End Date: July 31, 2018, 11:59 pm ET
If you can not see the Rafflecopter Widget, please click <HERE>
If you are not the winner of the Giveaway and you would still like to have you own copy of Granny Square Christmas, you can purchase your book directly from Annie’s Craft Store!
A Granny Square Christmas Crochet
Read my other Annie’s Craft Store Book Reviews >HERE<
*Prices subject to change*