The Bee Book is a beautifully illustrated book, filled with whimsical imagery, fun facts and engaging content about bees.
[Disclaimer] I received this book to review. This post includes affiliate links. If you purchase The Bee Book after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you. Read my Disclosure Policy here. [/Disclaimer]
Title: The Bee Book
Author: Charlotte Milner
Published By: Dorling Kindersley, 2018
The Bee Book is written in an easy-to-follow format where each topic is introduced by asking a simple question.
The playful illustrations included in The Bee Book will engage your young readers to learn more about bees.
You will find adorable bees cleaning house with dusters, bees fixing honey combs with little hammers, the Queen bee wearing her gold crown and bees wearing cute pink tutus.
The questions answered in The Bee Book are:
- What is a honeybee?
- Where does honey come from?
- What’s happening in the hive?
- What makes bees so bee-rilliant?
- What is pollination?
- Why do we need pollination?
- How is a worker honeybee born?
- Who is queen bee?
- How do honeybees talk to each other?
- What is a swarm?
- Who eats honeybees?
- So what’s the sting in the tail?
- Why are there fewer bees around?
- What would we do without bees?
- Why do we need to help the bees?
- What can you do to help them?
The Bee Book also introduces the following topics:
- There are around 20,000 different species of bees.
Bees can be found all over the world, except in Antarctica. Some different types of bees which are discussed include: Wallace’s Giant Bee, Dwarf Bees, Killer Bees, Japanese Honeybees, Bumblebees and Honeybees.
- The Bee’s Knees.
This section explores the anatomy of the bee.
- We love honeybees, and we love honey.
How honey is made.
- And there’s a lot more to know about the honeybee.
Discover more about the life of a honeybee.
- Have a bee-friendly garden.
- The bee all and end all.
The Bee Book also contains step-by-step instructions to teach you how to make a Bee Hotel and how to develop a bee-friendly garden.
I found The Bee Book to be a charming book. I love the fun illustrations and the way the book answers questions and makes it easy to have a conversation with your child about bees and why the are so important to our world. This is a beautiful book about bees.
You can purchase your own copy of directly from Amazon.
Shopping from Canada:
Shopping from the U.S.: