Amigurumi Animal Scarves includes 7 adorable scarves you can crochet for the children in your life! The patterns range in difficulty from easy to easy+. These will make great last minute gifts and are very practical for the winter season.
Title: Amigurumi Animal Scarves
Author: Ida Herter
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., 2017
Photographer: Jason Masters
Amigurumi Animal Scarves is filled with absolutely adorable projects you can crochet for the little one’s in your life. Seven fun scarf designs featuring different lovable animals have been included.
You will find patterns for wearable toys to wrap your little ones in to keep them warm and happy – the perfect combination for those who are normally reluctant to wear those winter scarves. I wish I’d thought of this idea when my children were younger – keeping them wrapped up in the winter time used to be a very difficult task.
The instructions are easy to follow and listed as Easy to Easy+ difficulty levels. The scarves are worked back and forth in rows and the animal heads, tails and legs are worked in rounds. Each scarf measures approximately 40 inches in length and 6 inches in width.
The patterns included are:
- Thomas the Giraffe – Medium Weight Yarn  – 5 mm (H) and 5.5 mm (I) hooks – 12 mm safety eyes – fiberfill
- Monte the Dog – Medium Weight Yarn  – 5 mm (H) and 5.5 mm (I) hooks – 12 mm safety eyes – fiberfill
- Molly the Bunny – Medium Weight Yarn  – 4 mm (G) and 5.5 mm (I) hooks – 12 shank-style buttons – fiberfill – faux fur pom pom
- Lizzy the Lamb – Medium Weight Yarn  and Bulky Weight Yarn  – 3.75 mm (F), 5.5 mm (I) and 6.0 mm (J) hooks – 15 mm shank-style buttons- fiberfill
- Leo the Lion – Medium Weight Yarn  and Bulky Weight Yarn  – 3.75 mm (F), 5.5 mm (I) and 6.0 mm (J) hooks – 15 mm safety eyes – fiberfill
- Tim the Teddy Bear – Medium Weight Yarn  – 3.75 mm (F) and 5.5 mm (I) hooks – 16 mm shank-style buttons – fiberfill
- Medium Weight Yarn  – 3.75 mm (F) and 5 mm (H) hooks – 16 mm shank-style buttons – fiberfill
The instructions are written in U.S. Crochet Terminology. The special stitches you need to use are included in each individual pattern’s Stitch Guide and basic stitches and techniques are included in the Basic Crochet Stitches section at the end of the book.
The fonts are clear and easy to read and each heading, sub-heading and row is indicated with a different color font. Helpful notes are included within the pattern where they are needed in a different color font.
The Basic Crochet Stitches are included at the end of the book and have diagrams to illustrate how to make the stitches. The stitches and techniques included are:
- joining with sc
- adjustable loop
- back loops only
- free loops
- changing colors
- post stitches
- embroidery stitches – back stitch, straight stitch and satin stitch
The yarns used to create the samples for the book, listed by pattern are:
- Thomas the Giraffe: Cascade® 220 Superwash® Aran
- Monte the Dog: Cascade® 220 Superwash® Aran
- Molly the Bunny: Bernat® Satin™
- Lizzy the Lamb: Bernat® Pipsqueak™, Bernat® Satin™
- Leo the Lion: Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® Tonal, Lion Brand® Pelt, Lion Brand® Wool-Ease®
- Tim the Teddy Bear: Lion Brand® Vanna’s Choice®
- Max the Monkey: Patons® Classic Wool™
My favorite designs are:
- Leo The Lion
- Molly The Bunny
Darla’s Favorite (8 years old) is: the Lion
Drew’s Favorite (6 years old) is: the Lion (but only because there isn’t a Seal – his favorite animal)
With seven popular animal themed scarves to choose from there is something perfect for both boys and girls included in this collection. It would be easy to make the scarf portion of the pattern longer for the ‘kid at heart’ adults who would love to wrap themselves in a fun scarf too 🙂
Would you like to win a eBook copy of Amigurumi Animal Scarves?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Start Date: December 5, 2017; 12:00 am ET
End Date: December 12, 2017, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here:
If you cannot see the Rafflecopter Widget below, please click >HERE<
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Amigurumi Animal Scarves and for the giveaway copy for my readers!