Last month I crocheted a dishcloth for my Mother-in-Law using the new Scrubby Cotton Yarn. She has been using it daily and is loving it. Both how well it washes dishes, how easy it is to rinse and keep clean of food particles and how quickly it dries. This month I decided to crochet a couple using a different Scrubby Yarn I had in my stash. The dishcloth below is the Scrubby Sparkle Yarn I received from Red Heart in 2016 and here is a super easy pattern you can use to make some bright and practical dishcloths too!
- Yarn: Scrubby Sparkle Yarn, Medium Weight  Yarn, [3 oz (85 g) / 174yd (159m)], 100% Polyester, Machine wash cold, gentle cycle; tumble dry low
- Hook: 5.5 mm (I) Clover Amour
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker (optional)
7.5 inches diameter
You can substitute any yarn and hook for this stitch pattern – just remember when you substitute if your gauge is different, the finished size of your project will also be different.
US Terminology used
BPdc – back post double crochet
BPsc – back post single crochet
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
FPdc – front post double crochet
FPsc – front post single crochet
MR – magic ring
R – row
rem – remaining
rep – repeat
sk – skip
st/sts – stitch/stitches
* – Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain of multiple instructions.
() – Repeat the instructions between the parentheses the number of times indicated.
 – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
Helpful Video Tutorials
- This project is worked in continuous rounds and you will need a stitch marker of some sort to mark your place.
- Do not slip stitch to join or chain additional stitches.
Simple Scrubby Dishcloth Pattern Instructions
R1: MR: 1 sc and 11 dc 
R2: 2 dc in each st around 
R3: *2 dc in the next st, 1 dc in the next st**. Rep from * to ** 12 times. 
R4: *2 dc in the next st, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts**. Rep from * to ** 12 times. 
R5: *2 dc in the next st, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts**. Rep from * to ** 12 times. 
R6: *2 dc in the next st, 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts**. Rep from * to ** 12 times. 
R7: *1 FPdc in the next st, 1 BPdc in the next st**. Rep from * to ** 12 times. 
R8: Rep R7
R9: *1 FPsc in the next st, 1 BPsc in the next st**. Rep from * to ** 12 times. 
Work 1 sl st to the first st of the previous round and ch 10. Crochet 1 sl st to the 3rd st of the previous round, ch 1, and working back across the ch 10, work 1 sl st in each ch across. Work 1 sl st to the initial sl st of the finishing section. Finish off and weave in your ends securely.
Looking for some other ideas to use up your scrubby yarn? Here are 3 other free patterns I have available: