This is the 16th book in A Year of Afghans Collection! It includes 12 fantastic afghans you can crochet – 1 for every month of the year. You can view the previous A Year of Afghans books on Leisure Arts, HERE.
Title: A Year of Afghans Book 16
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., 2016
Photographer: Ken West
A Year of Afghans Book 16
In A Year of Afghans Book 16, you receive the following 12 crochet patterns:
Each pattern is provided in an easy to follow written format in American Crochet Terminology. Each pattern section begins with an image of the finished project, the difficulty level, the finished sizes of the blanket, a shopping list including any materials you will need, gauge information and a stitch guide for special stitches used in the specific pattern. Placement diagrams are included for the designs which need them for assembly purposes.
Crochet Afghan Patterns Included
The yarn type and hook sizes needed for each pattern are listed below, along with the Designer’s name:
- JANUARY: 5.5 mm (I), Medium Weight Yarn,
- FEBRUARY: 6.5 mm (K), Medium Weight Yarn, Lisa Gentry
- MARCH: 5 mm (H), Medium Weight Yarn, Anne Halliday
- APRIL: 6 mm (J), Medium Weight Yarn, Barbara Shaffer
- MAY: 6 mm (J), Medium Weight Yarn, Rena V. Stevens
- JUNE: 6 mm (J), Medium Weight Yarn, Barbara Shaffer
- JULY: 4 mm (G) and 5 mm (H), Medium Weight Yarn, Laurie Halama
- AUGUST: 6 mm (J), Medium Weight Yarn, Sandy Rideout
- SEPTEMBER: 6 mm (J), Medium Weight Yarn, Barbara Shaffer
- OCTOBER: 6 mm (J), Medium Weight Yarn, Barbara Shaffer
- NOVEMBER: 5.5 mm (I), Medium Weight Yarn, Barbara Shaffer
- DECEMBER: 5 mm (H), Medium Weight Yarn, Terry Kimbrough
Techniques and Yarn Information
General Instructions including joining techniques used, techniques for changing colors and how to tell which loop of the stitch to work into begin on page 45. Diagrams are included to make the instructions easy to follow. A Yarn Information section is also provided to share the exact yarn types used in each design.
My favorite designs in A Year of Afghans Book 16 are:
February, April and December.
Which ones are your favorites?
With 12 beautiful afghans to choose from, A Year of Afghans will have at least one design perfect for your next afghan crochet project!
Would you like to win a eBook copy of A Year of Afghans Book 16?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Start Date: March 7, 2017; 12:00 am ET
End Date: March 14, 2017, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here:
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of A Year of Afghans Book 16, you can get them directly from Leisure Arts:
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of A Year of Afghans Book 16, and for the giveaway copy for my readers!
You May Also Like:
Fringe Benefits – $9.99