Welcome! I’m so happy you decided to participate in our Scarf of the Month Club this year! I have included how you can share your projects online, so we can find them too, at the end of this post! I’ve also linked to a tutorial I created to show you had to add your own project pages to Ravelry!
Here are you February Scarf of the Month Club Scarves!
Create your Project Page on Ravelry for the Chasing Rainbows Cowl HERE
Chasing Rainbows Cowl
- Yarn: Rainbow Love Yarn – Expression Fiber Arts. Superwash Dewy DK (70% Superwash Merino Wool, 20% Nylon, 10% Silk). 250 yd/118 g. Hand or Machine-Wash.
- Hook: 5 mm (H) Furls Blackwood
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker (optional)
12 inches by 12 inches assembled and without being stretched
is not really imperative – you can substitute the yarn and hook of your choice for this design. Remember if you use a heavier weight yarn with a larger hook and then follow the written instructions; you will need more yarn than I used and the scarf will also be heavier and larger when it is finished.
US Terminology used
ch – chain
ch3sp – chain 3 space
R – row/round
rem – remaining
rep – repeat
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
sl st – slip stitch
st/sts – stitch/stitches
* – Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain of multiple instructions.
() – Repeat the instructions between the parentheses the number of times indicated.
 – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
Helpful Video Tutorials
- After the initial chain row you will work this project in continuous rounds.
- Chain a multiple of 3
Pattern InstructionsChasing Rainbows Cowl #SCARFOFTHEMONTHCLUB2017 February Scarf!Click To Tweet
R1: Ch 99, beg in 2nd ch from hook and work 1 sc in back bump of each ch across. 
R2: Without twisting the chain bring the first and last chains together to form a closed circle and work 1 sc in the first sc of the round to join. Ch 3, sk 2 sc, *1 sc in the next sc. Ch 3, sk 2 sc**. Rep from * to ** around to the last 2 sc. 1 sc in the next sc, ch 3, sk 1 sc. [33 sc, 33 ch3sp]
Note: we are finishing the round with a hanging ch3sp on our hook.
R3: Skip all stitches other than the ch3sps in this round. 1 sc in the first ch3sp. *Ch 3, 1 sc in the next ch3sp**. Rep from * to ** around. [33 sc, 33 ch3sp]
R4-R46: rep R3. [33 sc, 33 ch3sp]
Final Round: 1 sc in the first sc, 2 sc in the ch3sp. *1 sc in the next sc, 2 sc in the next ch3sp**. Rep from * to ** around to the final ch3sp. Work 1 sc in the final ch3sp and work 1 sc in the sc below the final ch3sp (from R45). Finish off with an invisible join and weave in ends. 
Where To Share Your #SCARFOFTHEMONTHCLUB2017 Progress Online
- Ravelry – Create your project pages HERE
- Instagram and tag us! @thestitchinmommy and/or @oombawkadesign
- Facebook Crochet With Us CAL Group (ask questions and share here!)
- Share using #SCARFOFTHEMONTHCLUB2017 (so we can search online for it!)
If you would like to be notified when the new free scarf patterns are published, you can sign up for our FREE monthly newsletter here: