Title: Animal Lovie Blankets
Author: Yolanda Soto-Lopez
Publisher: Leisure Arts, Inc., 2014.
Photographer: Ken West
Animal Lovie Blankets
Choose from 7 super adorable animals and make a quick and easy granny square Animal Lovie Blanket! These designs work up quickly and are designed to be crocheted in worsted weight (note: Owl uses some Bulky Weight Yarn too) yarns. The finished lovies are suitable for small children and babies; each animal is designed with soft yarn-stitched eyes and facial features. Perfect for little hands to cuddle and to love; you can make one of these huggable Animal Lovie Blankets in a matter of a few hours.
Some extra details you might be interested in:
- The patterns are provided in written format in U.S. Crochet terms.
- The font is clear and easy to read and the heading for each Round is shown in colored text (each animal has their own color for these special details) – making it easy to follow along as you are working through the pattern.
- Row/round end counts are provided as specific stitches worked (i.e. 48 dc and 16 sps) and helpful information is included right in the instructions in bold print and in parentheses.
- When instructions refer to the General Instructions included at the end of the publication, they do so in italics and colored text (each animal has their own color for these special details), within the specific round they are applicable to. For example: (see Joining With Dc, page 31).
- When repeats are needed it indicates * 2 times more; so you know exactly how many additional repeats you need to do and that it does not include the instructions you have already worked.
- All blankets measure 13.5″ square when finished.
- Finishing instructions are included in each specific pattern.
The General Instructions include diagrams and written explanations for the following:
- Abbreviations, Symbols & Terms
- Difficulty Levels (Beginner, Easy, Intermediate, Advanced) and Crochet Terminology (comparison between United States and International)
- Yarn Weight Symbols Chart
- Markers (suggestions for and how to use them to mark your position)
- Joining with Dc
- Adjustable Loop
- Free Loops of a Chain
- Changing Colors
- Weaving Through Stitches
- Embroidery Stitches (Straight Stitch, Satin Stitch, Backstitch, Outline Stitch)
Yarn Information has also been provided for each of the photography models (i.e. the Animal Lovie Blankets you see in the finished publication). The yarns used to make the sample projects were: Red Heart with Love, Red Heart Super Saver, Red Heart Classic, Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice, Caron Simply Soft and Red Heart Soft. The Bulky Yarn used for parts of the Lamb was JoAnn Sensations Beautiful.
The animal designs included are:
- Puppy – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn & 6 mm (J); 3.75 mm (F)
- Bunny – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn & 6 mm (J); 3.75 mm (F)
- Kitty – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn & 6 mm (J); 3.75 mm (F)
- Lamb – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn & Plush Bulky Weight & 6 mm (J); 3.75 mm (F)
- Panda – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn & 6 mm (J); 3.75 mm (F)
- Owl – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn & 6 mm (J); 3.75 mm (F)
- Brown Bear – EASY – Medium Weight Yarn & 6 mm (J); 3.75 mm (F)
Here’s a look at the projects you can make:Crochet these adorable Animal Lovie Blankets! Choose from seven different animals!Click To Tweet
These projects are all considered EASY based on Craft Yarn Council Standards and throughout the patterns you will find Bonus Technique Videos available (see the orange video camera image below). Each time a video is available you will see the camera icon and an explanation in orange text.
Animal Lovie Blankets make great gifts for toddlers and are also great Craft Show Items! If you are searching for project ideas to crochet for your next Craft Show Event small projects like these would be perfect. They work up quickly, are a great size to carry (not too heavy) and have the “cute factor” too!
Would you like to win a eBook copy of Animal Lovie Blankets ?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Start Date: October 4, 2016; 12:00 am ET
End Date: October 11, 2016, 11:59 pm ET
In order to enter the giveaway, you must have (or be willing to sign up for) a free Leisure Arts dot com account. If you do not have one yet, you can sign up here:
Enter using the Rafflecopter Widget below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you are not the lucky winner of the giveaway and you would like to purchase your own copy of Animal Lovie Blankets you can get them directly from Leisure Arts:
Animal Lovie Blankets is also available as an eBook:
Animal Lovie Blankets eBook – $4.79
from: Leisure Arts, Inc.
I’d like to thank Leisure Arts, Inc. for providing me with the review copy of Animal Lovie Blankets and for the giveaway copy for my readers!