Welcome to the Holiday Stashdown CAL! This week I have prepared a pattern for you to crochet with a single ball of Red Heart With Love Yarn. This is a quick-and-easy Berries Jubilee Infinity scarf pattern and it is crocheted using an easy-to-remember stitch pattern. To keep in theme with the CAL I pulled a ball of yarn from my own stash for this project!
This pattern is just one of 24 free crochet patterns by 20 designers in the Holiday Stashdown Crochet-a-Long.
Berries Jubilee Infinity Scarf Pattern
- Yarn: Red Heart with Love Yarn. Color: Plum Jam. (5 oz • 141 g; 230 yds • 211 m). 100% Acrylic.
- Hook 6.5 mm (K) Clover Amour Crochet Hook
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker (optional)
8 inches wide and 38 inches long
4 sets is approximately 6 inches; 8 rows is approximately 4 inches
set: shell (5 dc) and 1 sc
US Terminology used
beg – beginning
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
R – row/round
rem – remaining
rep – repeat
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
sl st – slip stitch
st/sts – stitch/stitches
* – Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain of multiple instructions.
() – Repeat the instructions between the parentheses the number of times indicated.
 – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
- Shell: 5 dc in one st
- Beg Ch 5 counts as 1 dc and ch 2.
Stitch Multiple of 6 + 2
Berries Jubilee Infinity Scarf
R1: Ch 32. (RS): 1 sc in 2nd ch from the hook. *Sk next 2 ch, 5 dc in next ch, sk next 2 ch, 1 sc in next ch**. Rep from * to ** 5 more times. Turn. [5 shells, 6 sc]
R2: Ch 5 (counts as 1 dc and ch2), sk first sc, sk next 2 dc, *1 sc in next dc, ch 2, sk next 2 dc, 1 dc in next sc, ch 2, sk next 2 dc**. Rep from * to ** 3 more times. 1 sc in next dc, ch 2, sk next 2 dc, 1 dc in last sc. Turn. [6 dc, 10 ch 2, 5 sc]
R3: Ch 1, 1 sc in first dc. Sk all ch2sps for this row. *5 dc in next sc, 1 sc in next dc**. Rep from * to ** 3 more times. 5 dc in next sc, 1 sc in third ch of the turning ch 5. Turn. [5 shells, 6 sc]
Rep R2 and R3: 34 more times. Finish off leaving a long tail for seaming.
You will be sewing the ends together with a slight overlap; to form an infinity scarf. If you wish, you may add a mobius twist to the project but I did not.
- Simply line-up the first and last rows worked, so they touch at the edges.
- Next, slide R71 on top of R1 until the Shells (i.e. the 5 dc sts worked in one stitch) overlap each other.
Note: You want the nice edge to show on the outside of your work; so, you may need to flip your project so the wrong side (WS) is facing you when you seam the scarf.
- Finally, seam through both layers (I used a Running Stitch) to create an infinity scarf.
Finish off and weave in any remaining ends.