Title: Knit Beanies – Easy to Make, Fun to Wear
Author: Karen M. Burns
Publisher: Martingale, June 2016
Photographer: Brent Kane
Featuring patterns by top designers: Jen Lucas, Megan Kreiner, Sheryl Thies, Amy Polcyn Niezur, Doreen L. Marquart, Jessica Anderson, Sharon E. Mooney, Violette Lovelace, Shana Galbraith, and David Owen Hastings
Knit Beanies – Easy to Make, Fun to Wear
Knit Beanies includes 20 quick-to-knit projects you can knit for babies, toddlers, kids, men and women. These designs are worked in the round and for those who are new to knitting Martingale has a fantastic and free online resource you can access to help you with your knitting skills: How To Knit
The projects range from classic styles to playful designs which are perfect for adding some fun to your little one’s attire. These beanies are created with beautiful stitches and techniques including cables, ribs, colorwork, bobbles, and lace.
Special Tips are included in designated sections, in the applicable patterns, where needed. One example is the Stranding Tips included with Portland Birdie Design. A second example is the Changing Colors tip found with the Fiddlehead Fern Design.
The patterns are all presented in a written format and colorwork charts are included for the designs when applicable. Some designs include a stitch chart too, like with the pattern Oh Nuts and Cables and Lace.
The finished circumferences of the hats have also been provided for each size in each individual pattern.
The difficulty levels range from EASY to INTERMEDIATE. I have included the sizes available for each project beside the difficulty level below.
The Designs included are:
Babies and Kids
- Whale – Intermediate Level – Newborn, Baby, Toddler, Child, Adult
- Cat Hat – Easy Level – Child
- Chevron Color Pop -Easy Level – Newborn, Baby, Toddler, Child, Adult
- Portland Birdie – Intermediate Level – Baby, Toddler, Child
- Fiddlehead Fern – Easy Level – Newborn and Baby
- Just for Fun – Easy Level – Baby, Toddler, Child
- Garter Flap Cap – Easy Level – Baby, Toddler, Child
- Oh Nuts – Intermediate Level – Adult Small and Large
- Cables and Lace – Intermediate Level – Baby, Child, Adult Small, Adult Large
Worsted / Aran Yarn
- Swirl – Easy Level – Adult
- Furrowed Rib – Easy Level – Adult
- Parry – Easy Level – Baby, Child, Adult
- Smocked Beanie – Easy Level – Adult
- Openwork Swirl – Intermediate Level – Adult
- Glacier – Easy Level – Adult
- Alphie – Easy Level – Adult
- Gimme a Kiss – Intermediate Level – Adult
- Faith – Easy Level – Adult
- Big-Needle Duo – Easy Level – Adult
- Curly-Q Beret – Easy Level – Adult
- Fair Isle Roll – Intermediate Level – Adult Small and Large
- Colorwork – Easy Level – Adult
- Damask – Intermediate Level – Adult
A very helpful Techniques section is included. Basic Pattern Stitches, Increasing, Decreasing, I-Cord, Kitchener Stitch, Standard Yarn Weight Information and Metric Conversions have all been addressed clearly. Diagrams have been included for some of the techniques to illustrate the written instructions. The Abbreviations and Glossary section is included on page 63.
Whether you are searching for a quick project for a gift this year or want to make a new hat for yourself, Knit Beanies – Easy to Make, Fun to Wear has something perfect for everyone.
You can purchase your own copy of Knit Beanies – Easy to Make, Fun to Wear at Martingale. Available in an eBook or Print + eBook Version:
Or if you prefer you can purchase your copy at Amazon.