This is just one of the Scarf of the Month Club Free Patterns for the month of March 2016!
For the links to the other two free crochet scarf patterns please scroll to the very end of this post!
Rainbow of Butterflies Scarf Pattern
- Yarn: 2 balls of Debbie Bliss Rialto DK Print Extra Fine Merino Wool Superwash (Colour: Circus)
- Hook 5 mm (H)
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker (optional)
72 inches long (including 4 inches of fringe) and 4 inches wide
20 sts in 4 inches and 8 rows in 4 inches
US Terminology used
beg – beginning
ch – chain
ch1sp – chain one space
dc – double crochet
petal – please see “Special Stitches” below
R – row/round
RS – right side
rem – remaining
rep – repeat
sk – skip
sl st – slip stitch
st/sts – stitch/stitches
* – Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain of multiple instructions.
() – Repeat the instructions between the parentheses the number of times indicated.
 – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
Petal: Work (dc, ch3, sl st, ch3, dc) in specified ch or ch1sp.
- To make the colors repeat as I did I made sure my first chain stitch was at the very beginning of a new color section (grey) in the yarn. I left a 2.25″ tail in the color before my first chain stitch (for me this was the teal/green).
- If you are doing this with multiple balls of yarn – I worked the equivalent of 2 rows of each color.
- Do not count the starting or ending ch 3 as a stitch in the row-end counts.
- Stitch Multiple of 5 + 1
R1 (RS) – Leave a 2.25″ tail of yarn and ch 21; working in the back bump of the starting chain work 1 dc in 4th ch from the hook. *Ch 1, sk 4 chs, work 1 petal in next ch**. Rep from * to ** 3 times. You have 2 chs remaining. Sk 1 ch, 1 dc in last ch. Ch 3, turn. [2 dc, 3 petals, 3 ch1sp]
R2: 1 dc in first dc, *ch 1, work 1 petal in ch1sp between next 2 petals** Rep from * to ** 3 times working 1 petal in each ch1sp across. Sk next dc, 1 dc in top of turning ch. Ch 3, turn. [2 dc, 3 petals, 3 ch1sp]
R3-R122: Rep R2
R123: 1 sc in first dc *ch 3, 1 sc in ch1sp between next 2 petals**. Rep from * to ** 3 times working 1 petal in each ch1sp across. Ch 2, sk next dc, 1 sc in top of turning ch. Ch 1 and finish off leaving a 2.25″ tail.
Using all my remaining yarn, I cut 4″ lengths of yarn for the fringe. Be sure to work from the same side while adding your fringe so the edge remains consistent. I had enough leftover to add a fringe to each stitch and ch on both ends of the scarf. I alternated colors to continue with the rainbow effect of the scarf.
Once you have all your pieces attached, trim your fringe to 2 inches on both ends of the scarf and you are done!
Remember to add your project pages to Ravelry! Please and thanks 🙂
Remember you can join our Facebook Group, Crochet With Us and share your progress, ask questions and get help!
We have also set up this #hashtag to use on Instagram – so if you love to share on Instagram share your projects by tagging us @amyramnarine and/or @oombawkadesign and use the hashtag #ScarfoftheMonthClub!
Check out Amy’s Scarf for March Here: Mystic Waves Infinity Scarf
Check out our Beautiful Mystery Scarf of the Month Free Crochet Pattern Here:
Remember if you share on Instagram use #ScarfoftheMonthClub! so we can take a look too!
Subscribe to our reminder email to let you know when the Scarf of the Month Post goes live!