This lovely textured scarf is so soft and warm. This is a 1-skein project and you can work it up in one evening. The stitch pattern is easy to remember and the pattern makes a very relaxing project to crochet. The fabric is completely reversible too!
You can also make a Prayer Shawl by increasing the starting chain to 62 stitches, a small throw by beginning with 86 stitches or even a wide scarf by starting with 38 stitches.
Stay tuned for the matching Simply Scrumptious Hat Pattern! It will be available on August 25, 2015.
Gauge: 2.1 sts / inch
Pattern Repeat: (multiple of 2 sts) + 1; (plus 1 for the turning ch on the initial row)
Finished Dimensions: 6″ wide, 50″ long (** see the notes to make it a wrap, blanket or wide scarf instead!)
US Terminology used
ch – chain
Puff St – puff stitch (see special stitches)
r – row
rep – repeat
sc – single crochet
st/sts – stitch/stitches
* – Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain of multiple instructions.
() – Repeat the instructions between the parentheses the number of times indicated.
 – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
Puff St – half double crochet puff stitch – basically this is a hdc3tog all in the same stitch – Yarn over the hook, insert your hook into the specified stitch, yarn over and pull up 1 loop (3 loops on the hook). Yarn over the hook, insert your hook into the same stitch, yarn over and pull up 1 loop (5 loops on the hook). Yarn over the hook, insert your hook into the same stitch, yarn over and pull up 1 loop (7 loops on the hook). Yarn over the hook and pull through all 7 loops. Stitch complete.
I used the hdc3tog in the Pretty Pebbles Stitch Tutorial. In this tutorial it was called a Cluster Stitch (often Puff and Cluster are used interchangeably). You can see how the stitch is done by looking at the tutorial photos included in the Pretty Pebbles Stitch Tutorial. View images 3 to 19. Do not follow the exact instructions as the Pretty Pebbles Stitch project does not follow the same full pattern as this scarf.
- Chain stitches do not count as stitches in the end of row counts
- To make a Beautiful Wrap, Prayer Shawl or Friendship Shawl (30 inches wide) begin by chaining 62 sts and continue until your project is 72″ long.
- To make a Small Throw (42 inches wide) begin by chaining 86 sts and continue until your project is 54″ long.
- To make a Wide Scarf (18 inches wide) begin by chaining 38 sts and continue until your project is 72″ long.
R1: ch 14, 1 sc in the 2nd ch from the hook, *1 Puff St in the next ch, 1 sc in the next ch**; repeat from * to ** across. Ch 1, turn. 
R2: 1 sc in the first st, *1 Puff St in the next st, 1 sc in the next st**; rep from * to ** across. Ch 1, turn.
R3-R76: rep R2; finish off and weave in all ends.
Note: You can repeat R2 for as many rows as you wish.
Stitch Chart Diagram: Simply Scrumptious Scarf Chart
The yarn I used for this project is available on Amazon: