Last week my children managed to catch a summer virus – of course it happened when they were supposed to go to Day Camp! Just the way things go I suspect 🙂 They had an amazing time at the YMCA camp (once they were well again) and they have begged to be signed up for another week!
It is my first experience with day camps for my children – and I scanned tons of local offerings before deciding to go with our Y.
We have been members there since the children were born and they are both familiar with the environment and I am confident they will be as safe as possible – the staff are fantastic and we have lots of great volunteers too! Many of the people working there know both Darla and Drew, by name!
We have a membership there – and they have swimming lessons included in the membership every week and are able to attend a number of the activities set up for children in their own age groups. They even have a fantastic program called ‘Rise and Shine’ for little children ages 2-4 years (Drew went a number of days every week this year!) and it is almost like a ‘preschool’ – every morning (M-F) from 9:30 am – 11:45 am (they have weekend hours too). It really is a fantastic place – and well worth the price we pay (less than $20.00 a month for each child) especially when so many activities are included! I’m honestly surprised more people do not participate.
Last week Drew’s Camp Group did a different ‘holiday’ every day – one day he even brought handmade Valentine’s Day Cards home to show me from his ‘friends’ at Camp. Darla did Wild West Week activities all and even had 1 day-trip away from the Y. Each day they have scheduled time in the swimming pool too. When I pick them up at the end of the day they are happy and super tired – and both fall asleep on the drive home!
While they were off playing with friends I worked on our upcoming Crochet-a-long – coming very soon!! Amy and I are planning for it to begin on August 1 so stay tuned! I’m also working on a Prayer Shawl and a Baby Blanket…
I hope you are all enjoying your summers and finding some time to play with your yarn!!
Welcome to our 103rd Link and Share Wednesday Party!!
Welcome to Link Party 103!
If you like to enter giveaways please visit this post: Celebrate Oombawka Design’s 2nd Blog Anniversary
The 5th giveaway ends August 3, 2015 at 12:15 am ET.
Here are the featured favourites from last week’s Link and Share Wednesday – Link Party 102 as chosen by you! .
To join this week’s party, Link Party 103 please scroll to the bottom of the post!
Remember the most clicked is totally decided by the people who vote on your submission by visiting it!So tell your friends to pop by and click on your submission if you want to increase your chances of being one of the Featured Favourites in next week’s post!
2. Creative Crochet: Whimsical Owl Keychains | Our Side of the Mountain
3. Diamond Baby Blankets | AG Handmades
The buttons are available here: Featured Favourite Button Code Link
Now onto this week’s party!
Link and Share Wednesday Party 103
- Please remember in order to be featured in the Link & Share Wednesday Pinnable Image, your linked post/submitted image must abide by U.S. copyright law.
- Please provide credit to the original Designer’s pattern if the project you are submitting is based on another Designer’s work.
- Please do not link directly to PDF versions of the patterns but to the Designer’s Pattern post if the pattern is available online.
Please share this tweet on Twitter:
[Tweet “Add your link! Link and Share Wednesday! #linkparty #crochet #recipes #DIY #linkyparty”]
Link and Share Wednesday Party 103!
1. Grab your Party Button and place it on your sidebar, party page, or add a text link on your actual post. Text Link: Link & Share Wednesday Party at Oombawka Design Crochet
2. Share as many links as you wish to family friendly, fibre arts, DIY, crafts, recipes – and related projects.
3. Visit and leave a comment on your favourite submission by the end of the day on Sunday to help choose the featured favourites!
Please remember – inlinkz specifies with my account I cannot have links to shops (i.e Ravelry, Etsy, Craftsy, etc.) included in the party – so if you have a pattern for sale and you wish to link it as a project, create a blog post first and link to your blog post. Thank you!