This colorful Crochet book is filled with inspiring designs from some of my favorite designers.
Title: Boho Crochet
Author: Marinke Slump
Designers: Amy Astle, Annemarie Benthem, Ruth Bramham, Ali Campbell, Susan Carlson, Sara Dudek, Carmen Heffernan, Dorien Hollewijn, Sandra Paul, Marinke Slump
Photographer: Brent Kane
Boho Crochet includes 147 pages of bright and trendy projects including:
- Vintage Fan Ripple Blanket | Marinke Slump (aka Wink)
- Annie Blanket | Amy Astle
- Daisy Baby Blanket
- Color Wheel Hexagon Blanket | Dorien Hollwijn
- Happy Colors Blanket | Dorien Hollwijn
- Flower Power Runner |Annemarie Benthem (I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!)
- Star Fruit Rug
- Large Granny-Square Pillow | Carmen Heffernan
- Sunflower Motif Pillow | Carmen Heffernan
- Chevron Pillow | Amy Astle
- Round Floor Pillow
- Spoke Mandala | Marinke Slump
- Picot-Edge Mandala | Marinke Slump
- Mandala Stool Cover | Susan Carlson
- Heart and Flower Motifs
- Crochet Christmas Baubles | Carmen Heffernan
- Butterfly Pot Holders | Marinke Slump
- Lace Crochet Coasters | Carmen Heffernan
- Breakfast Cozy Set
- Drops of Color Headband | Marinke Slump
- Floral Bobby Pins | Carmen Heffernan
- Rainbow Wrist Cuffs | Sandra Paul
- Slouch Hat
- Dancing Hearts Wrap |Marinke Slump
- Wildflowers Scarf | Ruth Bramham
- Ombre String Cowl | Susan Carlson
- Blossom Necklace
- Granny-Square Clutch Purse | Annemarie Benthem
- Cell Phone and Tablet Covers | Ali Campbell
- Star Backpack | Annemarie Benthem
- The Weekender Bag
Filled with crochet patterns for Mandalas and other Rainbow Coloured projects, Boho Crochet is sure to have a project to capture and hold your attention.
Boho Crochet uses a star ranking system for the skill level of each pattern included – 1 star for Beginner, 2 stars for Intermediate, 3 stars for Accomplished and 4 stars for Advanced.
The patterns are in written form with the star rating located directly beneath each Title. You will also find a “You Will Need” indicating what Materials you need to make the project (yarn, hook, embellishments), the gauge you will need to meet to make the same sized project as shown in the images and the finished dimensions of the project. The Weekender Bag also includes a colour charted portion with the written pattern.
Boho Crochet includes a Techniques Section to explain different Tools and Materials, Options for Holding Your Hook, Gauge, Different Stitches (basic – intermediate), Increasing and Decreasing Stitches, Working in the Round, Magic Loop, Working Flat Rounds and Tubular Rounds, Joining in New Colours, Granny Squares and Other Motifs, Joining Motifs, Finishing Your Work, Seams and Joining, Tips for Reading Patterns (punctuation and colour charts), Abbreviations, Yarn Weights, Hooks Sizes and Metric Conversions and Skill Levels.
This is a beautiful book, filled with bright colour and fashionable crochet patterns. I definitely recommend this one for your Crochet Library!
You can purchase your copy from Martingale directly:
Or if you prefer, you can pick up a copy from Amazon.
Shopping from Canada:
Shopping from the United States:
Shopping from the U.K.
A special thanks to Martingale for providing me with a review copy of this book! All images used with permission from Martingale and their Photographer Brent Kane.