I received a copy of this fantastic book from Martingale:
Title: The Essential Book of Crochet Techniques
Author: Nancie M. Wiseman
Photographer: Brent Kane
This book is filled with information you will want to reference again and again.
The Essential Book of Crochet Techniques is filled with close-up colour photographs and detailed diagrams to help you understand each concept completely!
You will learn about:
- Craft Yarn Council of America Standards
- Crochet Basics (slip knot, yarn over, chain stitches, back loop, front loop, both loops, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, treble crochet, front post and back post double crochet, joining yarn, fastening off, abbreviations, crochet symbols and charts)
- Increases and Decreases (internal and external)
- Seams (woven seams – horizontal and vertical, slip stitch seams, single crochet seams, whipstitch seams, how to assemble a sweater,
- Bands (basic bands and decorative edges; pattern multiples)
- Buttonholes and Button Loops (vertical and horizontal, reinforcing buttonholes, 1 and 2 row button loops, how to calculate buttonhole placement worksheet)
- Pockets (patch pockets or afterthought pockets, horizontal slash pockets, pocket lining, vertical slash pockets)
- Working in the Round (chain ring, chain stitch, increasing rounds, joining rounds)
- Filet Crochet (how to read filet crochet charts)
- Intarsia (how to read charts)
- Afghan Stitch (Tunisian Simple Stitch)
- Blocking and Storage (damp blocking, steam blocking)
This book is a fantastic reference book – one you will return to – again and again – to help with concepts and techniques you will use in your crochet projects.
You can get your copy of The Essential Book of Crochet Techniques from Martingale!
All images in this post are the credit of Martingale and their Photographer Brent Kane.