I have a fantastic exclusive offer for Oombawka Design Readers!
Craftsy is offering you the opportunity to enroll in Fair Isle Crochet: Demystifying Colorwork for 50% off the regular price!
Are you curious about the class?
I completed Fair Isle Crochet this past weekend and I learned so much from the Instructor – Karen Whooley.
I even tried the “Ask a Question” feature available with Craftsy Classes (I love this feature!) – and Karen promptly replied!
Your Class Materials include the patterns for the following 3 projects:
Here are the skills you will learn when you take the class!
- reading Fair Isle Crochet charts
- working Fair Isle Crochet (flat piece work – with floats)
- how to properly change your colors
- working Fair Isle Crochet in the round (spirals) and how to hide your floats
- common mistakes and how to recognize and fix them
- how to check gauge and tricks to help you maintain the correct gauge
- finishing – weaving in the tails, creating fringes, adding a casing to hide the ends (so you don’t have to sew them ALL in!)
- how to create your own designs using the Fair Isle Crochet technique (even how to make your own Fair Isle Crochet Charts)
This class is challenging – and rewarding.
It took me a few tries to get my gauge correct (see my photo below for my 1st attempt – my stitches were much too loose – I switched to a 4.5 mm hook and tried again)
and to become comfortable with working Fair Isle Crochet – but once I got into a rhythm with which way to swing my ‘carried’ yarn it became easy! I really don’t know how to explain it – other than to say I felt like I was painting with yarn!
I decided to complete 1/4 of the Tapestry Trivet for my first project. Here is my finished project:
I also intend to make the Poets Shawl because I ADORE it!
Remember you can take advantage of this great offer now – and save the class to watch later!
The Craftsy Guarantee
- Your access never expires
- 100% money back guarantee
- Watch classes on your own schedule: wherever, whenever you want
Act quickly as this special offer is only available until October 4, 2014.
This post and this exclusive offer were generously sponsored by Craftsy!