I recently had the opportunity to enrol in Crochet: Basics & Beyond Class
thanks to Craftsy, YOU have a chance to enrol in this class too!
This class is organized into 8 HD Video Lessons:
- Lesson 1 – Introduction to Crochet – you learn about yarn types, hook types, how to hold and tension your yarn, how to create a slip knot and chain stitches
- Lesson 2 – Basic Stitches including – single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, triple crochet, slip stitches and the proper way to “yarn over”
- Lesson 3 – Working in rows, counting your stitches, working into the foundation chain, turning your work, fastening off and weaving in ends
- Lesson 4 – Troubleshooting row work, common mistakes and how to fix them
- Lesson 5 – Working in the round, 3-ways to start working in the round (i.e. chained loop, expanding slip knot and magic adjustable ring), crocheting in the round and crocheting in a tube
- Lesson 6 – Pattern reading – Written and Symbol Patterns
- Lesson 7 – Making Granny Squares
- Lesson 8 – Changing Colours (or changing to a different ball of yarn), measuring gauge, working in the front loop and back loop, how to decrease stitches
The Instructor of Crochet: Basics & Beyond is Kim Werker. Kim is an excellent Instructor! She is very easy to listen to and she demonstrates all the techniques in an unhurried manner – making it easy to follow along. Kim also emphasizes how important it is to remember it is natural to make mistakes – and with crochet it is very easy to correct them by ripping those stitches out and trying again 🙂 We ALL do it!
Some great features of Craftsy Video Lessons are:
- You can add notes as you are watching the videos – to take you back to key points you want to watch again.
- You can also use features like the 30 second repeat – to watch trickier segments over immediately.
- You can change the speed of the video! On the left-side of the screen you can change the speed to make it slower, or faster!
- You can ask questions and get answers directly from the Instructor (Kim Werker) in the virtual classroom!
- You can watch classes – whenever YOU want.
- Your access to the class never expires!
Crochet: Basics & Beyond also comes with a Granny Square Blanket Pattern – which I of course tried 🙂
Here’s my finished blanket:
This blanket works up VERY quickly and is now a family favourite!
Giveaway ends September 6, 2014!
This sponsored post and giveaway are brought to you by Craftsy!