It is very important to note that every individual learns differently and every teacher has a different style of teaching. To this end I have created a list of possible sources to visit to learn the basics of crochet.
I encourage you to try a few of the links and see which teaching style you prefer. One site may work for your friends – it does not necessarily mean it will be the right ‘fit’ for you.
There are many fabulous sources online to find this information.
This roundup showcases some fabulous YouTube Video Artists who offer tutorials demonstrating how to crochet.
Learn How to Crochet YOUR Way
1. Learn to Crochet Right Handed (with Moogly), Left Handed (with Moogly)
2. Meladora’s Creations – Learn How To Crochet – With Slow Motion
3. BobWilson123 – Learning the Basics and Beginner Projects
4. The Crochet Crowd – Learn Crochet Basics: The Crochet Crowd Tutorials
5. Sheruknittingcom – Crochet Basics – Tutorials for Beginners
There are also numerous photo tutorials available online to teach the basic crochet stitches.
When I first started to crochet – I often went to the following places to double check the proper way to crochet a basic stitch – sometimes you don’t need to see a video or to browse through an entire photo tutorial – you just need a short written, or visual reminder of how it should be done.
Finally, here are links to some fabulous Companies that have free stitch tutorials available 🙂
1. Leisure Arts – Crochet Tips & Techniques
2. Annies – Stitch Guide – Crochet Lessons
3. Lion Brand Yarn – Learn How to Crochet
4. DROPS Crocheting Videos
5. Pierrot Yarns – Crochet Symbols & Video Files (scroll to the bottom)
I hope these tutorial links are as helpful to you, as they are to me.
There are many, many other tutorials available online- these are really just the very tip of the ice-burg!