Hi Crocheters! I decided to update the images for Daddy’s Simply Easy Mittens and to reformat the pattern to match the current pattern style on the blog. The pattern itself has not changed – just the aesthetics 🙂 This is my go-to pattern for men’s mittens and my husband still loves his pair! I definitely recommend making these mittens for any adult with medium to large sized hands.
Make these easy-to-crochet mittens for men with your favorite bulky weight yarn!
Daddy’s Simply Easy Mittens
- Yarn: 2 balls BERNAT Softee Chunky Twists  (discontinued) 117 m/128 yds; 80 g/2.8 oz.
Suggested Yarn for Substitution: Red Heart Soft Essentials , Loops & Threads Impeccable Yarn  or Lion Brand Unique Yarn
- Hook: 5.5 mm (I)
- Finished Project Yardage: 256 yds of the Bernat Softee Chunky Twists
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker (optional)
11 hdc = 3 inches
8 rounds of hdc = 3 inches
You can substitute any yarn and hook for this stitch pattern – just remember when you substitute if your gauge is different, the finished size of your project will also be different.
US Terminology used
BL – back loop
ch – chain
hdc – half double crochet
hdc2tog – half double crochet 2 together
rem – remaining
rep – repeat
sk – skip
sl st – slip stitch
st/sts – stitch/stitches
* – Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain of multiple instructions.
 – at the end of the row – the total number of stitches
Helpful Video Tutorials
- This pattern begins by working the cuff. The cuff is worked in rows.
- The remainder of the mitten is worked in rounds, beginning at the edge of the cuff.
Daddy’s Simply Easy Mittens Pattern Instructions
Beginning with the cuff:
*The skipped sts will later be the thumb portion of the mitten*