Crochet bookmarks are a great handmade gift idea for any occasion! Not only do they look special, but they add a heartfelt touch of love to whatever book or item they are placed in. With a little bit of yarn and a crochet hook, you can create a unique and memorable gift that your friends and family will treasure for years to come. Whether you’re looking for a simple pattern or a more complex design, you’ll find plenty of free crochet patterns available online to get you started! Not only are they fun and easy to make, but they are also a great way to show someone you care.
These pretty bookmarks can be crocheted quickly and this makes them perfect for last minute gifts! Maybe you can make one for Mother’s Day? or Father’s Day? I know my Nana loved the cross-stitched bookmark I made her one year and used it every day in her books – for more than 10 years!
You can even pair your crocheted bookmark with a new paperback or hardcover book to add a personal touch to your gift.
Share this post with your friends:
20 Free Crochet Bookmark Patterns
Dainty Daisy Bookmark
Designed by Daisy Cottage Designs, this project was crocheted with Worsted Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) and a 5 mm (H) crochet hook.
Summer Flower Bookmark
Designed by Amy Ramnarine, this project was crocheted with Sport Weight Yarn  and a 4.25 mm (7) crochet hook.
Lotte Lace Bookmark
Designed by Veronika Cromwell, this project was crocheted with Fingering Weight Yarn  and a 3 mm crochet hook.
Remember the Day Bookmark
Designed by Ferosa Harold, this beautiful bookmark features the bullion stitch and was crocheted with Size 10 Crochet Cotton and a crochet tatting hook. This site requires free sign-up but has lots of free patterns available.
4 Leaf Clover Bookmark
Designed by Maz Kwok, this project was crocheted with Medium Weight Yarn  and a 5 mm (H) crochet hook.
Designed by Meladoras Creations, this project was crocheted with Medium Weight Yarn  and a 3.5 mm (E) crochet hook.
Designed by Annemaries Haakblog, this simple project was crocheted with Aran Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) crochet hook.
Designed by DROPS Design, this adorable project was crocheted with Sport Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) crochet hook. There are also patterns for an Easter Chick and a Bunny bookmark.
Designed by Carlotta L. C. Craig at Red Heart, this heartwarming bookmark was crocheted with with Classic Crochet Thread Size 10 and a 1.4 mm (US 8) steel crochet hook.
This beginner friendly crochet corner bookmark was designed by Little House in the Suburbs. The project was crocheted with No 10 Cotton Thread and a 10 Steel Crochet Hook.
Mini Trivet Cookbook Bookmark
This bookmark is perfect for your cookbook! It was designed by LinMarie Creations. The project was crocheted with No 10 Cotton Crochet Thread and a Steel No. 7 Crochet Hook.
Classic Granny Bookmark
This old fashioned granny square bookmark was designed by Robin Brzozowski. The project was crocheted with Size 10 Cotton Thread and a 1.75 mm (size 4) Steel Crochet Hook.
Little Owl Bookmark
This smart owl bookmark was designed by Jelly Designs. The project was crocheted with DK Weight Yarn  and a 3 mm crochet hook.
This vintage pineapple bookmark was designed by Sandra Schwab. The project was crocheted with No. 10 Classic Crochet Cotton Thread and a 1.25 mm (Size 9) steel crochet hook.
Dolce & Gabbana Lace Bookmark
This beautiful lace stitch pattern will make the perfect bookmark and it was designed by Lee Ann H.
Egyptian Lotus Bookmark
This lovely lotus flower bookmark was designed by Emmi Hai. It was crocheted with Sport Weight Yarn  and a 2.5 mm crochet hook. The pattern is available on Instagram.
Crochet Fan Bookmark
This lacy fan bookmark was designed by Crochetroo. It was crocheted with Cotton Thread (Coats 40, or you can use DMC Cotton Perle 8) and a 1.25 mm crochet hook.
More Free Crochet Bookmark Patterns
- Cora Bookmark. Designed by Deni Sharpe. Worsted Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) crochet hook.
- Simple Daisy Bookmark. Designed by Dayna Perry. Worsted Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) crochet hook.
- Bookworm Bookmark. Designed by Barbara Svachak. Worsted Weight Yarn  and a 5 mm (H) crochet hook.
- Higher Love Bookmark. Designed by Julia Hart. Classic Crochet Cotton Size 10 and a 1.75 mm crochet hook.
- Book Rat. Designed by Jonas Matthies. Sport Weight Yarn  and a 2.5 mm crochet hook.
- Very Shelley Bookmark. Designed by Labours of Love Crochet. Worsted Weight Yarn  and a 3.25 mm (D) crochet hook.
- Deta’s Bookmark. Designed by Torun Johansson. Scheepjes Maxi Sweet Treat (thread) and a 1.5 mm crochet hook.
- Suzette Stitch Bookmark. Designed by Sweet Bee Crochet. Fingering Weight Yarn  and a 3.5 mm (E) crochet hook.
- Harry Potter Inspired Bookmark. Designed by Megan Meyer. Worsted Weight Yarn  and a 5 mm (H) crochet hook.
- Beauty for Ashes Bookmark. Designed by Deborah Ziegler. Medium Weight / Sport Weight Yarn and a 3.50 mm (E) crochet hook.
- Charming Snowman Bookmark. Designed by Joanita Theron. DK Weight Yarn  and a 4 mm (G) crochet hook.
- Moss Stitch Bookmark. Designed by Jo Edwards. Worsted Weight Yarn  and a 3.75 mm (F) crochet hook.
- Baby Bean Bookmark. Designed by Rhondda Mol. Aran Weight Yarn  and a 4.5 mm crochet hook.
- Teddy Bear Bookmark. Designed by Paulina Lata. Sport Weight Yarn  and a 2.5 mm crochet hook.
How to Crochet a Simple Daisy Bookmark.
Visit this link to browse through more Free Crochet Pattern Friday Posts.
You may also enjoy these patterns and posts:
- Old Fashioned Paperback Book Cover Crochet Pattern
- 10 Free Crochet Patterns for Your Spa Day at Home
- 20 Free Patterns for Crochet Jewelry
Crochet bookmarks are an easy and thoughtful gift idea that any book lover will appreciate. With these simple patterns and tips, you’ll be able to create beautiful bookmarks in no time at all. So the next time you find yourself in need of a last-minute gift, grab your yarn and hook, and get stitching!
25 Free Crochet Bookmark Patterns Looking for a handmade gift idea? Try one of these Free Crochet Patterns for Bookmarks. Most of these handmade bookmarks will fit inside cards for easy mailing, which makes them great as gifts. #crochet #freepatterns #crochetbookmarks