Hello Hexie! includes 20 Easy Crochet Patterns from Simple Granny Hexagons.
[disclaimer]I received a copy of this book to review from David & Charles. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. If you purchase this book after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you.[/disclaimer]
Hello Hexie! includes 20 easy crochet patterns from simple granny hexagons.
20 Easy Crochet Patterns from Simple Granny Hexagons
Hello Hexies! includes patterns for 10-hexagon motifs and 20 easy crochet patterns for projects you can make with them!
The instructions are clearly written, the images are bright and colorful and the book includes stitch diagrams for most of the hexagon crochet patterns.
When you visit this link, click the words Look inside above the cover image to see what I mean!
Hexagon Motif Patterns
To add color changes to your hexies, read the information on page 8 for a TIP!
- The Granny Hexie
- The Solid Hexie
- The Lacy Hexie
- The Circle in a Hexie
- The Sunburst Hexie
- The Flower Hexie
- The African Flower Hexie
- The Textured Hexie
- The Bobble Hexie
- The Trefoil Hexie
20 Easy Crochet Patterns
- Sunburst Bag | DK Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) hook | 13.75 inches X 9.75 inches including handles
- Star Blanket | Aran Weight Yarn  | 6 mm (J) hook | 41 inches X 51 inches
- Cozy Cardigan | DK Weight Yarn  | 5.5 mm (I) hook | S/M, L, XL
- Linen Lace Tee | DK Weight Yarn  | 4.5 mm (7) and 4 mm (G) hooks | S/M
- Spring Garden Shrug | DK Weight Yarn  | 5 mm (H) and 4 mm (G) hooks | S/M
- Cosy Poncho | Woolly Mahoosive Merino Yarn | 10 mm (N) | S/M but adjustable
- African Flower Skirt | DK Weight Yarn  | 4 mm (G) hook | S/M, L/XL
- Pure Wool Rug | Eliza Conway Carpet Wool Yarn | 5 mm (H) hook | 26.75 inches X 36.25 inches
- Striped Rug | DMC Natura XL Yarn | 7 mm (K/L) hook | 37.5 inches diameter
- Tortoise | DK Weight Yarn  | 3.5 mm (E) hook | 9.75 inches X 8 inches X 4 inches
- Baby Bee Blanket | Stylecraft Special Aran Yarn  | 6 mm (J) hook | 29.5 inches diameter
- Baby Bee Lovey | Stylecraft Special Aran Yarn  | 6 mm (J) hook | 11 inches across
- Slipper Socks | Stylecraft Special DK Yarn  and Lion Brand Ferris Wheel Yarn | 4 mm (G) and 5 mm (H) hooks | UK Shoe Size 5 to 6
- Bobble Cushion | Stylecraft Special Aran with Wool Yarn  and Stylecraft Life DK Yarn  | 5 mm (H) hook | 18 inches X 18 inches
- Festival Bag | King Cole Raffia Yarn | 4.5 mm (7) hook | 8.25 inches X 8.25 inches
- Bohemian Scarf | Scheepjes Stone Washed/River Washed Yarn Colour Pack | 4 mm (G) hook | 77 inches X 10 inches
- Trefoil Table Set | Scheepjes Stone Washed Yarn | 4 mm (G) hook | Placemat: 11 inches across; Coaster: 4.25 inches across
- Wall Hanging | Paintbox Cotton Aran Yarn  and DMC Petra 3 Yarn for the tassels | 4.5 mm (7) hook | 12.25 inches X 15.75 inches
- Starburst Footstool | t-shirt yarn | 10 mm (N) hook | 13.75 inches X 6 inches
- Patchwork Wristwarmers | 4-ply sock yarns | 2.5 mm (B/C) hook | 4.25 inches at widest point X 5.5 inches long
- BONUS: Quick Makes: Coaster, Pin Cushion, Christmas Decoration (Ricorumi DK Yarn and 3.5 (E) hook) and Earrings (DMC Standard Embroidery Cotton and a 2 mm (B) hook)
Take a closer look at more of the projects you can make here: Hello Hexie!
This bright and colorful pattern book is 128-pages in length. The patterns are written in UK crochet terms. The charts use universal crochet symbols and a reference chart is provided on page 113 to convert the terms to US terms for those who prefer working from written instructions.
|Abbreviation Used||UK Stitch||US Stitch|
|dc||double crochet||single crochet|
|htr||half treble||half double crochet|
|dtr||double treble||triple crochet|
|ttr||triple treble||double treble|
|qtr||quadruple treble||triple treble|
The stitch counts are included at the end of most pattern rows and rounds, inside (parentheses). Assembly diagrams are included where necessary.
The Crochet Techniques section begins on page 116.
The Crochet Techniques section includes detailed instructions with step-by-step diagrams and images to help you make all the projects included in Hello Hexie!
- Slip Knot
- Chain Stitch (ch)
- Slip Stitch (sl st)
- Double Crochet (dc)
- Treble Crochet (tr)
- Half Treble (htr)
- Double Treble (dtr)
- Triple Treble (ttr)
- Quadruple Treble (qtr)
- Increasing Stitches
- Decreasing Stitches
- Treble Crochet 2 Together (tr2tog)
- Working in back loops only (blo)
- Front Post Treble (fptr)
- Popcorn Stitch
- Puff Stitch
- Spike Stitch
- Traditional Bobble Stitch
- Cluster Stitches
- Blocking: Wet Blocking, Steam Blocking
- Joining Motifs and Edges: Whip Stitch, Braided Join-As-You-Go, Traditional Join-As-You-Go
Leave me a comment to tell me which of the projects are your favorites?
You can see more of the projects here.
Would you like to have your own copy of Crochet Hexies!?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: June 17, 2021 12:00 am ET
End Date: July 3, 2021, 11:59 pm ET
If you can not see the Rafflecopter Widget below, please click >HERE<a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you are not the winner of the Giveaway and you would still like to have your own copy of Hello Hexie!, you can purchase your book at Amazon:
I would like to thank David & Charles for both the review and giveaway copy of Hello Hexie!
Read my other Book Reviews >HERE<
*Prices subject to change*
*Giveaway is for 1 copy of the Book*