12 Amazing Crochet Afghans
[disclaimer]I received a copy of this book to review from Annie’s Craft Store. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. If you purchase this book after you click on one of my affiliate links in the post, I will receive a small commission for referring you, at no additional cost to you.[/disclaimer]
Crochet afghans are fantastic projects for so many reasons! Whether you are searching for patterns you can crochet and give as gifts to your friends and family, or you are looking for projects to make to help you use up some of your stashed yarn – you will find an afghan pattern for that in Amazing Crochet Afghans.
Title: Amazing Crochet Afghans
Available at: Annie’s Craft Store
Help me select a future Annie’s Craft Store Book to Review! Which one of these books would you like me to Review next:
Fabulous Floral Dishcloths
Super-Easy Baby Blankets
Doilies in Color
Learn Embossed Crochet
Dream Catchers Crochet Pattern Book
Or choose your own from their collection >HERE<
Amazing Crochet Afghans Review
Amazing Crochet Afghans includes 12 beautiful blanket patterns from a number of talented Designers. Ranging in difficulty from easy to intermediate, these patterns include a variety of different stitches and techniques. Bold stripes, ripples, shells, lacy throws and even a striking mosaic design are included.
Many of these patterns could easily be followed to create a beautiful stash buster afghan. For example the Fruit Salad Throw would be perfect for a variety of colors of yarn in a single weight. You will find patterns suitable for men, women and even babies have been included in this collection making it a great resource to have on hand when you are making gifts.
Each pattern is written in U.S. (American) Crochet Terms. The row and round numbers are provided in bold font making it easy to scan the pattern to locate the information you are looking for. Gauge is provided and varies for each design. Additional pattern notes are included where they are needed within the written pattern in italics.
The following patterns are included:
- Fall Comfort Throw. Skill: Intermediate, Finished Size: 50 inches square, Yarn: Medium (Worsted) Weight, Hook: 5.5 mm (I)
- Merlot Throw. Skill: Intermediate, Finished Size: 45 inches x 60 inches, Yarn: Medium (Worsted) Weight, Hook: 5.5 mm (I)
- Fruit Salad Throw. Skill: Easy, Finished Size: 44 inches x 60 inches, Yarn: Medium (Worsted) Weight, Hook: 4 mm (G)
- Eyelet Lace Throw. Skill: Easy, Finished Size: 45 inches x 55 inches, Yarn: Sport (Fine) Weight, Hook: 3.75 mm (F)
- Ivory Lace Throw. Skill: Intermediate, Finished Size: 46 inches x 56 inches, Yarn: Bulky (Chunky) Weight, Hook: 5.5 mm (I)
- Gumdrops Baby Blanket. Skill: Easy, Finished Size: 30 inches x 32 inches, Yarn: Light (Light Worsted) Weight, Hook: 4 mm (G)
- Spring Buds Throw. Skill: Intermediate, Finished Size: 42 inches x 63 inches, Yarn: Medium (Worsted) Weight, Hook: 5.5 mm (I)
- Chaco Canyon Afghan & Pillows. Skill: Easy, Finished Size: 37 inches x 60 inches, Yarn: Medium (Worsted) Weight, Hook: 6 mm (G)
- Daisy Stitch Baby Afghan. Skill: Easy, Finished Size: 30 inches x 38 inches, Yarn: Medium (Worsted) Weight, Hook: 5 mm (H), 5.5 mm (I)
- Mosaic Border Afghan. Skill: Intermediate, Finished Size: 45 inches x 63 inches, Yarn: Medium (Worsted) Weight, Hook: 5 mm (H), 5.5 mm (I)
- Shaded Stripes Reversible Throw. Skill: Intermediate, Finished Size: 47 inches x 64 inches, Yarn: Medium (Worsted) Weight, Hook: 5 mm (H), 5.5 mm (I)
- Mitered Shells Throw. Skill: Easy, Finished Size: 50 inches x 62 inches, Yarn: Medium (Worsted) Weight, Hook: 5 mm (H)
The Stitch Guide includes the abbreviations used, yarn conversions, metric conversions chart and a stitch guide. It also includes written instructions and diagrams illustrating some of the stitches used in the patterns. You are also provided with a link to a more complete free resource online from Annie’s for further reference.
My favorite projects are:
Would you like to have your own copy of Amazing Crochet Afghans?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This Giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Start Date: January 16, 2018; 12:00 am ET
End Date: January 23, 2018, 11:59 pm ET
If you can not see the Rafflecopter Widget, please click >HERE<
If you are not the winner of the Giveaway and you would still like to have you own copy of Amazing Crochet Afghans, you can purchase your book directly from Annie’s Craft Store!
I would like to thank Annie’s Craft Store for both the Review and Giveaway Copy of Amazing Crochet Afghans.
For more information about Annie’s, visit their Website, Facebook, Pinterest or YouTube!
Read my other Annie’s Craft Store Book Reviews >HERE<
I think the Ivory Lace Throw is my preference based on the photos you show. I like how the patterns are of varying degrees of difficulty. The fruit salad afghan is pretty but of everything I’ve made I have yet to make a chevron blanket.
Great collection of patterns!
great color combinations
Love the patterns and color combinations! I need to make some of these! 😍
I wish that I could crochet faster, I would make them all!
I would love to have this book of beautiful afghan patterns.
Those are awesome afghans!
Very nice afghans!
So many beautiful ones in one book.
Love these afghans
These afghans are beautiful. I like the face that they can be worked up by almost any crocheter as they go from beginner to intermediate.
Thank you for the review. It was very detailed and informational. I am definitely interested in purchasing this book as I love the amazing patterns
What a great review! I love making afghans and this book would be an excellent addition to my library. Thank you!
Please review Annie’s Hemp Jewelry. I would really be interested in your view on this subject and if you give it a good review, I will purchase the book. Thank you !
This is a very detailed review, it can help either decisions on whether to purchase and to know exactly what you are getting.
Haven’t contacted or commented in a while, but following you faithfully – and am thankful for all you share with all of us!
Would love to win this book! Looks like some beautiful Afghans in there – and my fingers are itching to start a large, new project!
Love books like this because they are so inspirational….and give me ideas for using “new” (to me) stitches and stitch combinations.
I love your patterns & book reviews so very insiteful thank you so muchfor your giveaways
The Veranda looks like a challenge, but it would make a beautiful set for any doll house. It would also make some little girl very happy. Thanks for the giveaway.
Doilies in Colour. Something different for a change of pace in my life. I do mostly afghans.
I would love to see a review of Super-Easy Baby Blankets! It’s been baby season in my family for a few years now. I love having new patterns to try out on my grands & for friends. 💗💙
I can be short: I love making afghans !!