Granny square and afghan block lovers rejoice! 100 Crochet Tiles contains patterns and charts for 100 geometric, textured and multicolored crochet motifs. These projects were inspired by decorative ceramic tiles and designed by some very well-known crochet designers.
100 Gorgeous Crochet Motifs inspired by decorative ceramic tiles.
100 Crochet Tiles
100 Crochet Tiles includes patterns and charts for 100 crochet motifs, as well as, 8 stand-alone crochet projects that you can make for your home.
These wonderful patterns are presented in a pretty book, filled with detailed instructions and color images. The book is substantial and contains 176-pages in total.
The crochet patterns are clearly written and the instructions are in U.S. Crochet terminology. Each of the written patterns also includes a crochet chart (diagram) or a color chart. The stitch counts are included at the end of the pattern rows and rounds, inside (parentheses).
The content is presented in a very organized manner; beginning with How to Use this Book and the Crochet Chart Symbols for the stitch diagrams. Next, we dive right into the beautiful crochet tile patterns.
The 100 crochet motif patterns start on page 6 and end on 151.
The Crochet Projects
The patterns for the crochet projects are found from page 152 to page 167.
- Baby Wheels Blanket | Ana Morais Soares | Sport Weight Yarn  in 4 colors | 3 mm crochet hook | finished blanket size: 27.5 inches X 34.5 inches
- Hand-Painted Tiles Cushion | Ana Morais Soares | Sport Weight Yarn  in 2 colors | 3 mm crochet hook | finished cushion cover size: 24 inches X 24 inches
- Hebe Blanket | Hattie Risdale | DK Weight Yarn  in 5 colors | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | finished blanket size: 29 inches X 29 inches
- Partners Cushion | Rosina Plane | DK Weight Yarn  in 4 colors | 3.5 mm (E) crochet hook | finished cushion cover size: 18 inches X 18 inches
- Petunia Bag | Ana Morais Soares | Aran Weight Yarn  in 3 colors | 3.5 mm (E) and 4 mm (G) crochet hooks | finished bag size 19.75 inches X 29.5 inches
- Poinsettia Wall Panel | Caitie Moore | DK Weight Yarn  or Light Worsted in 5 colors | 4 mm (G) crochet hook | finished panel size: 6 inches wide X 25.25 inches long
- Offset Squares Pot Holder | Carol Ibbetson | Aran Weight Yarn  in 3 colors | 3.5 mm (E) crochet hook | finished pot holder: size 8 inches X 8 inches
- Victorian Bath Mat | Emma Potter | Aran Weight Yarn  in 2 colors | 5 mm (H) crochet hook | finished bath mat size: 23.5 inches X 39.5 inches
Look Inside 100 Crochet Tiles
The Crochet Techniques section begins on page 168 and includes detailed written instructions with helpful illustrations.
- Chain (ch)
- Slip Stitch (slst)
- Single Crochet (sc)
- Magic Ring
- Half Double Crochet (hdc)
- Double Crochet (dc)
- Treble Crochet (tr)
- Double Treble (dtr)
- Single Crochet 2 Stitches Together (sc2tog)
- Single Crochet 3 Stitches Together (sc3tog)
- Double Crochet 2 Stitches Together (dc2tog)
- Double Crochet 3 Stitches Together (dc3tog)
- Double Crochet 4 Stitches Together (dc4tog)
- Invisible Join
- Gauge (Tension)
- Front Loop Only (FLO)
- Back Loop Only (BLO)
- Front Post Stitches (FP)
- Back Post Stitches (BP)
- Popcorn (PC)
- Cluster (CL)
- Puff Stitch
- V Stitch (V-ST)
- Spike Stitch
- Mosaic Crochet Overlay Method (FLMDC)
- Mosaic Crochet Inset Method (MDC)
- Tapestry Crochet
- Intarsia Crochet
- Single Crochet Seam
- Caitie Moore | thoresbycottage.com | @thoresbycottage
- Carol Ibbetson | coolwool.net | @coolwooldesign
- Lynne Rowe | knitcrochetcreate.com | @the_woolnest
- Steffi Glaves | steffiglaves.co.uk | @steffi_glaves
- Ana Morais Soares | oneskeinoflove.com | @oneskeinoflove
- Emma Potter | potterandbloom.com | @potterandbloom
- Rachele Carmona | cypresstextiles.net | @cypresstextiles
- Sarah Shrimpton | annabooshouse.blogspot.com | @annabooshouse
- Julie Yeager | julieyeagerdesigns.com | @julieanny_crochet
- Meghan Ballmer | meghanmakesdo.com | @meghanmakesdo
- Johanna Lindahl | mijocrochet.se | @mijocrochet
- Rosina Plane | rosinaplane.com | @rosinaplane
- Hattie Risdale | thepetalshed.uk | @petalshed
- Anna Nikipirowicz | moochka.co.uk | @annanikipirowicz
- Catherine Noronha | catherinecrochets.com | @catherinecrochets
My favorite crochet project is the Hand Painted Tiles Cushion. It is stunning!
These are not just regular crochet afghan squares and granny squares. The crochet tile patterns included are fun and unique. I especially love the variety of motifs that use colorwork, mosaic crochet and overlay crochet techniques.
I am very impressed by the quality of 100 Crochet Tiles and the wide selection of original crochet patterns that were curated for the collection. If I had not been given a free copy of the book to review, I would purchase this book for my crochet bookshelf.
Leave me a comment to tell me which of the projects are your favorites!
You can see more of the projects here.
Would you like to have your own copy of 100 Crochet Tiles?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win!
This giveaway is open worldwide where allowed by law.
Void in Quebec.
Start Date: April 2, 2022 12:00 am ET
End Date: April 16, 2022, 11:59 pm ET
If you can not see the Rafflecopter Widget below, please click >HERE<a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you are not the winner of the Giveaway and you would still like to have your own copy of 100 Crochet Tiles you can purchase your book at Amazon:
When you visit this link, click the words Look inside above the cover image
to see an example of the crochet patterns included.
I would like to thank David & Charles for both the review and giveaway copy of 100 Crochet Tiles.
Read my other Book Reviews >HERE<
*Prices subject to change*
*Giveaway is for 1 copy of the Book*
#100crochettiles #crochetmotifs #crochetblocks #grannysquares #crochetpattern #dandcbooks #crochetbook #overlaycrochet #mosaiccrochet #tapestrycrochet #intarsiacrochet #crochettiles